Welcome to our site
The J.C.P Laboratory is an organization that focuses on software development especially for Windows.
We also provide various on-line resources to help Windows users to better master the Microsoft Windows Operating System environment. Through the means of miscellaneous guides and tutorial edited or authored by us, the J.C.P Laboratory is the most reliable source of getting troubleshooting materials.
Visit our developer's page:
Last week, I decided to buy a new web domain with my remaining web cash. I always thought that it would be nice to have a short domain name which will be easy to remember to use as a URL Shortener. Something like cedric.com came into my mind but eventually it was already registered. So I thought what would happen if I buy cédric.com with the accentuated “é”. Without doing any prior research and being elated by the idea of a brand new domain name, I headed to GoDaddy and found that cédric.com was indeed available.
After proceeding to checkout here’s what happened:
- On the address bar of my browser; I typed in: cédric.com and surprisingly and unexpectedly the address was converted to: xn--cdric-bsa.com
This is was totally unanticipated and it didn’t appear nice at all. Not cool enough to be used as a URL Shortener. I decided to search upon it only then and unveiled the mystery.
- Web domain names are encoded using ASCII which is a limited set of characters that does not include accents or non-alphabetical characters unlike Unicode.
- So, for International Domain Names (IDN), non-ASCII characters are encoded using Punycode
- This is why my domain cédric.com got translated asxn--cdric-bsa.com
Spread the word
Our Top 5 Software
- SysMate - Sysmate
- SysMate - Host File Walker
- Microsoft .NET Framework
for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Binary Dealer
Let's keep in touch!